Blogger I am not. Map boy I am.
As JZ mentioned Hidden Oaks is 40 miles out of Moab. 24 miles South on HWY 191 and 16 miles East on HWY 46, that is. It is just north of Old La Sal, Utah. Basically look for mile post 16 and just past it, take a left on CR 125 at the old cow. Go 1/4 mile north and take the 1st left after all the squawking ravens sitting on fence posts through the gate marked no trespassing. Then, smell for the aroma of hops and their relations.
Hidden Oaks Lodge Website Directions/Map
Travel times to Moab (per Google):
Denver International Airport 5 hours 41 minutes
Durango 2:42
Laramie WY 6:55
St Louis MO (driving) 17:08
Salt Lake Intl. Airport 3:47
Washington DC (includes tolls) 30:00
Except for coming from Durango, going through Moab is the most expedient route.
The setting is very similar to our Hesperus house: amongst the gamble oak, looking at mountains. Also as JZ mentioned, it could be cold, snow blowing, teeth chattering...whiskey drinking weather. Having said that, lower down in the desert hiking, biking, sight seeing may be much nicer. While I'd love to say that fishing and rafting are on, its just not clear what season will be in. Floating the San Miguel or Dolores may be more convenient and sporty than the Colorado out of Moab. (This is typed with a mischievious he, he, he)
http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/ufo/recreation/san_miguel_river.html
http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/ufo/recreation/dolores_river_information.html
So, stay tuned, RSVP and let me know what I can do to help.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment